PLEASE REVIEW BELOW BASED ON THE ROLE YOU SIGNED UP FOR TO DETERMINE WHEN YOU SHOULD ARRIVE.
THERE IS A TIMED SCHEDULE THAT MUST BE FOLLOWED. PLEASE DO NOT BE LATE AS IT WILL IMPACT THE GAME TIME.
Scorebook: arrive 45 mins before gametime (5:45pm for 6:30pm game / 3:15pm for 4pm game)
- * Bring a pencil
Scorebook is very similar to the regular season - nothing to be worried about.
* Complete the book as you did during the normal season.
* Add substitutions at the bottom of the scorebook lineup.
* As managers insert substitutions into the game you will need to note which player is coming in for (subbing in for) which player. The manager will give the information to the plate umpire and the plate umpire will confirm with you and the tournament director what the substitutions are. You will write the subbed in player's number and name on the scorebook lineup under the subbed out player's number and name.
* Confirm with the Tournament Director any special notation that is wanted for the book - some tournament directors might keep track on their own and some would like notations in the scorebook.
* As in the normal season you need to track the pitchers and catchers. Due to the added players listing you may need to list pitchers and catchers on one line.
** you do not need to track and confirm that players have completed minimum play - this is the tournament directors responsibility **
- * D55 All-Star Scorekeeping Training (assumes you have done scorekeeping in the spring)
Field Prep: need to be COMPLETED 70 mins before gametime (done by 5:20 for 6:30pm game / 2:50pm for 4pm game), paint running lines and coaches box, and put up "caution tape" blocking off dugouts and scorebooth entrance.
- * Example photo of how you block off dug out. We do this as it's a tournament rule that no one should be talking to the players. Any communication needs to be done via the Tourney Director.
Game Announcer / Scoreboard: arrive 70 mins before game time (5:20pm for 6:30pm game / 2:50pm for 4pm game)
Speaker setup/take down: arrive 75 mins before game time (5:15pm for 6:30pm game / 2:45pm for 4pm game)
- * Get 3 chairs for the scorebooth. Check the umpire shed if chairs are not already in the scorebooth.
- * Setup the scoreboard remotes. Get from the green shed next to Field 5. Lock code = 2855 (AVLL)
- * Photo of new scoreboard unit/remote: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1acBYXWTaYY1id3WpkIKJE5k2OnkBIrZB/view?usp=sharing
- * Setup speakers and microphone. These should be stored in the umpire shed. When looking at the sheds in the parking lot (with Field 4 to your back), this is the first shed on the left.
- * Take down speakers and microphone and put back in the umpire shed.
Thank you again!!!